Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Flo's [6 week Body Challenge] Week 4

Pin It
I am halfway through my body challenge.  And more than halfway to my goal!   

It was extremely difficult to sustain my streak of self-control with my diet this past week.  Here's the deal.  Each of my children received a ridiculous amount of candy and since there are three of them...well, you do the math.  In order to keep the house from becoming a giant trash can, I told the kids that for each wrapper I see, I can take two pieces of candy.  Needless to say, they have not been perfect [but close] and I have needed to follow through on my threat a few times.  And then there's my middle guy who doesn't like the taste of peanut butter or peanuts and keeps offering me all of his Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!  I have to be honest that I have given in too many times.  But this is a great example of how not to throw in the towel, but to try again and get back on track!
 
On a positive note, I did do each of my workouts, and made more healthy choices than the opposite.
 
I've loved my workouts [and they have proven to be successful], but since I am a runner, I have been missing just plain running.  So this week, I'm changing things up a bit to include more of what I love. 
 
I also decided to give myself a beating for my lack of self control last week by focusing on my core. 
Oh the mind games I play with myself!
 
 
No pictures this week, but if you need a reminder:
 
Tuesday
 
Thursday

Go to Week 1 to see my diet plan.
 
On this week's menu:
 
Butternut Squash Curried Soup [recipe to come]
Stuffed Potatoes [broccoli, diced ham, bacon bits, etc]
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup [my kids gobble this up]
Balsamic Pork Roast with Couscous and Olive Garden Salad
 

No comments: